08 Feb Masters Programme in Coastal Studies in Iceland
This year I had the distinct pleasure of teaching in the Coastal Communities and Regional Development Masters at the University Centre of the Westfjords in Ísafjörður, Iceland. I can honestly say that if I was a student now I would consider this programme for sure! If you have an interest in Coastal Studies, remote coastal communities or coast and marine management, check out these Cutting-edge interdisciplinary master’s programs in English! Dealine to apply is Feb 15 for non-EU students and April 15 for EU students.
The University Centre of the Westfjords in Ísafjörður, Iceland offers two programs in Coastal Studies open to students with diverse academic and professional backgrounds.
- Coastal Communities and Regional Development (MA: Master of Arts)
- Coastal and Marine Management (MRM: Master of Resource Management)
- Modular course structure, teachers from around the world
- Design your own thesis topic: subjects and advisors from all over the world
- Small groups, good access to teachers and staff
- Experience life in a rural sub-Arctic coastal community
- Field trips, company visits, and practical projects
- 120 ECTS (75 courses, 45 thesis); 18 months total length, starts in late August
Courses and thesis topics include: Community and stakeholder engagement, Arctic ocean governance, gender and equity, marine spatial planning, communicating climate change, global to local economics and policy, innovation and entrepreneurship, sustainable fisheries/aquaculture, future scenario development, education and outreach, coastal tourism, marine renewable energy and much more!
- February 15: Non-EU/EEA citizens
- April 15: EU/EEA citizens
For more information about the programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our:
Facebook Page: Coastal Studies
Instagram Account @coastal_studies_uw
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.