15 Mar Launch of the Sustainable Development Goals e-Inventory
Crowdsourcing proposals for post-2015 to feed into the intergovernmental process on SDGs
Stakeholder Forum for a Sustainable Future and partners are pleased to announce the launch of the Sustainable Development Goals e-Inventory, a new online tool to crowdsource proposals on global goals for the post-2015 period.
The SDG e-Inventory provides all stakeholders with a platform to outline and disseminate their experiences of, research on and recommendations for global goals. This information can then be used to inform the intergovernmental process on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
It will also help stakeholders (including governments and intergovernmental organisations) become better informed about the wide range of proposals, expectations and evidence-based arguments on SDGs and other global goals for development being proposed as part of the post-2015 development framework.
Overall, it is hoped that resource will improve the likelihood of achieving an SDGs framework which fully integrates the three dimensions of sustainable development (social, environmental and economic).
To achieve these objectives, the e-Inventory will:
- Enable stakeholders to outline their vision for post-2015 global goals. This may be in the form of fully formed proposals, which include detailed targets and indicators, or simply principles and themes that should be applied to the goals;
- Provide an initial database of published proposals for global goals for the post-2015 period;
- Allow stakeholders to update their submissions and provide feedback/comment on other proposals as the discussions on the Post 2015 Development Agenda and the SDGs develop;
- Provide capacity building resources to help stakeholders fill knowledge gaps around the intergovernmental process, develop their own proposals, build alliances, and develop advocacy strategies; and
- Provide stakeholders with the data to undertake analysis to identify trends, commonalities and knowledge/evidence gaps. Stakeholder Forum will also use this information to conduct and disseminate regular analysis to inform the intergovernmental process on SDGs.
To find out more, search existing proposals, or make your own submission, visit www.SDGseInventory.org