(Senior) Campaigner for sustainable agriculture
Job – February 10, 2011
This is a senior position that requires good coordination skills and all as a familiarity with the main stakeholders in the agriculture sector. It is a demanding job that will include traveling across the globe and representing Greenpeace among market stakeholders, corporations and governments.
Key to your success will be clear strategic thinking and systematic analysis. An ability to work and inspire teams across nations will be required and an the ability to develop international campaign strategies and lead challenging global projects along with campaigners from all over the world.
Purpose of the job
To contribute to the development of global campaign strategies and their implementation and to lead global campaign projects/teams as required, in order to achieve agreed global campaign objectives.
1. Give key strategic advice to enable the global organization to develop and implement effective campaign strategies and plans
2. Manage and coordinate activities of team members and campaigners worldwide
3. Prepare and manage related project proposals and budget expenditure
4. Provide strategic campaign expertise, guidance, tactics, facts and information on national office focus and global campaigns
5. Maintain and develop contacts with various stakeholders in the field of sustainable agriculture
6. Represent Greenpeace in meetings with major players in the agriculture field globally (from governments to businesses to small farmer associations)
7. Write and/or oversee external and internal reports, fact sheets and briefings.
Skills and qualifications
a. Project management skills and/or experience including proven ability to effectively adjust plans to rapidly changing circumstances
b. Ability to operate and lead under pressure and in physically or mentally challenging situations
c. Excellent understanding of sustainable agriculture and the forces that drive destructive agricultural practices in the South and the North, with at least 5 years of professional experience
d. Expertise in analysis, writing and research
e. Ability to clearly formulate and present facts and arguments
f. Willingness to travel
g. Previous knowledge of the agricultural field and experience of working as part of an international team
h. Presentation and public speaking skills and media experience
i. Fluency in spoken and written in English.