I have been a bad blogger. I went home for the first time in over two years and decided to spend as much time as I could away from my computer.
I am back in Barcelona and trying to get back into my research. I will be posting part 2 on Global Governance soon, but I am switching focus this week to the Right to Food and will be writing up my notes and posting them here for those who are interested.
The FAO has a great and free online introductory course on the Right to Adequate Food: click here to check it out.
The Right to Adequate Food is outlined in the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR) under Article 11 and is outlined in General Comment 12. It is worth reading if you are interested.
More soon, including:
- What are human rights?
- What does the right to adequate food mean?
- How can we apply this to development?
- What are the implications for food security?
- Who is the Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food and what does he do?
- Critiques and criticisms of a Right to Food Approach