Matters to be brought to the attention of the CFS
The Committee expresses satisfaction with the High Level Expert Forum on Food Insecurity in Protracted Crises (HLEF) and welcomes the report on the discussions and outcomes of the Forum as summarised in the document CFS 2012/39/7.
In particular, the Committee:
1) Recognises the seriousness, particular characteristics and nature of food insecurity in protracted crises situations;
2) Notes the role of the Forum’s findings and recommendations in guiding further action to promote food security in protracted crisis countries and contexts;
3) Re-iterates its support for a consultative process including all relevant stakeholders with a view to presenting for consideration by the CFS Plenary an “Agenda for Action for Food Security in Countries in Protracted Crises”, building as appropriate on the elements provided in para 28 of CFS 2012/39/7;
4) Requests the CFS Bureau in consultation with the Advisory Group and the Secretariat to oversee the process of arriving at an “Agenda for Action” as per the decisions of the 36th and 37th sessions of the Committee.
5) Calls for immediate, purposeful and coherent action by all stakeholders to promote food security and nutrition in the context of protracted crises.